by Adrian W. Hollander, C.P.A., CISA, CIA, CBA, CFSA,
President of COMPLUS Inc. – Professional Controllers
TOP TEN List
- If flying produced as many crashes as starting a new business, flying would be prohibited.
- Profit is not a 4-letter word — LOSS is.
- Never chase “payables.” It’s never too late to pay a bill.
- The most important question from a banker — How will you pay the loan back?
- Equip good people with good tools.
- Hire help that is smarter than you are. The best workers are the ones who are willing to do what they are asked and will stop short of being just a lemming.
- Pay attention to the details (your help will make the big things work).
- Rather than tracking exceptions, eliminate them.
- It is easier to get forgiveness than permission.
- You will always pay for good accounting – one way or another.